Episode 3 | Hair Salon Gives Clients the Silent Treatment – Samantha James Hair Design
Learn why "the silent treatment" can be a good thing, especially for highly sensitive people.
When you go to a salon for services, do you feel like there is an expectation for conversation? If so, what if you are a person who does not enjoy idle chit-chat? Today, I will be speaking with Samantha Lacoste and James Ouellette who believe that everyone deserves a safe space. Even people who prefer quiet over talking. Samantha and James are co-owners of Samantha James Hair Design, a trendy hair salon in the heart of St. Boniface, Winnipeg that allows you to get the silent treatment if you are so inclined.
I invite you to listen and learn as we speak about:
- 00:05:15 - Creating the Silent Service
- 00:06:41 - What is a Silent Service
- 00:07:43 - Judgement free experiences
- 00:08:35 - Peaceful moments
- 00:10:00 - Client care
- 00:11:08 - Enjoying Silence
- 00:13:10 - Invitation to Just Be
- 00:14:50 - Psychologically safe places
- 00:15:30 - Impact on clients
- 00:18:00 - Public centered positions
- 00:19:10 - First Canadian Salon to offer Silent Service
- 00:20:05 - Implementing Silent Service
- 00:22:54 - Practicing how to talk to people
- 00:25:25 - Creating a safe space for clients
Highly Sensitive Extroverts - Bright Sparks
Learn more about and follow Samantha James:
This podcast is hosted by Clare Kumar. As a productivity catalyst, highly sensitive executive coach, and speaker, Clare cultivates sustainable performance in busy professionals so they can keep making rich contributions in all areas of life and achieve greater fulfillment. She inspires leaders, professionals, employees, and entrepreneurs to respect humanity and boost performance through marrying productivity and pleasure. After all, why shouldn’t you have fun while getting things done? If you're a visual learner, please watch this episode on YouTube.
Ready to learn more? Contact Clare here!
Clare invites you to leave a review and a five-star rating wherever you listen to this podcast! Don't forget to tell your friends to listen as well!
Want to learn more about Clare and/or her guests? Follow her on Instagram and Twitter. And don't forget, everyone (including YOU) deserves a happy space. 😊
Song Credit: Cali by Wataboi from Pixabay
This is a Crackers In Soup production
Episode 3: Hair Salon Gives Clients the Silent Treatment
working on this...!